I recently posted an ad on FB for dishwashers and taste testers and I was tickled to see that most people will, actually, Work for Food.
I guarantee you I would; bring on the Very Cherry Cupcake paycheck.
The first time I made these, I made them in the mini muffin pan. I ate four before you can say Pink Paradise. Geez, they are that good.
This recipe is from Delightful E Made. Here’s the link: Very Cherry Cupcakes. I made them for Joss’ birthday swimming party on Sunday and they disappeared first! I can’t wait to make them again because I can’t wait to eat them again!
They are tender, dome perfectly and are surprisingly simple. Just make sure when you’re adding the wet and dry ingredients start and finish with the dry.
They’ve been gone since Sunday and I miss them.
Two of Joss’ favorites, pink and sprinkles.
This recipe makes a delicious-flavored cherry cupcake that has a wonderful texture and appearance. They are addictive and the mini-cupcakes are extremely dangerous to keep around the house. They are bite-size and delectable!
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 20 minutes
- Yield : over 2 dozen
- Allergens : gluten
- 1/2 butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 egg whites, room temperature - soak eggs in warm water for 5 minutes to warm
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 cup of buttermilk
- 1 - 10 oz jar of maraschino cherries, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. of reserve maraschino cherry juice
- Cherry Frosting
- 2 sticks, (1 cup) butter, softened
- 3 - 4 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch salt
- 2 Tbsp of maraschino juice
- 1-2 Tbsp of heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 - 3 cupcake pans with liners and spray the bottoms with cooking spray.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. While on low, add the egg whites one at a time, add the vanilla and mix till combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a 2-cup measuring cup, add the maraschino cherry juice to the buttermilk.
- Keep the mixer on low. Begin adding the dry ingredients to the butter and egg mixture. Add some buttermilk mixture, then alternate the wet and dry ingredients - ending with the dry. Add the chopped cherries and mix very slowly until the cherries are evenly distributed.
- Fill the cupcake liners to 3/4 full. Bake for 18 - 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool the cupcakes. While the cupcakes are cooling, make the frosting.
- Whip the butter and add the powdered sugar with the mixer on low to avoid a mess. Add the salt and vanilla. Add the maraschino cherry juice and the heavy whipping cream. Beat the frosting until light and fluffy. Pipe onto the cupcakes.