It’s been a wild week.
I met Sally, my favorite blogger, photographer and writer of cookbooks in Pittsburgh. I was completely tongue-tied. Smack me.
We had our Thanksgiving luncheon at school. Amazing.
I ran into Ree at the Walmart.
Sid and I had a great time at Peppa Pig Live. After we arrived a half hour late and had to park illegally.
Gigi celebrated her Sweet 16 on Saturday night. So. Much. Fun.
And this morning we had snow!!! Enough to (almost) make a snow angel.
And now, a wonderful recipe to add to your Thanksgiving plans – Sausage Cranberry Dressing, for people who like to think outside of the traditional Stovetop box.
For people who are looking to kick their traditional dressing recipe up a notch! This recipe is super savory and flavorful. I love it!
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9 or casserole dish with EVOO spray.
- Dice and sauté the onions and celery in butter and EVOO until soft.
- Brown the sausage and drain.
- Dice the bread into cubes and toss the bread in the poultry seasoning.
- Mix the sautéed celery and onions, cranberries and browned sausage with the bread crumbs in a large bowl. Drizzle the eggs over the ingredients evenly, stir, then drizzle in the chicken broth, stir. Pour the dressing into the baking dish. Drizzle with the last Tablespoon of melted butter. Shake pepper over the top.
- Bake for 40 minutes on 375 degrees F. Serve hot with turkey gravy.