Please say a prayer for my dear friend, Kristina and her daughter, Paige. Paige has a serious health issue and is going in for her third surgery in a two week period (for a total of 15 or 16). She’s in kindergarten and has missed so much, and Kristina just registered to go back to school. Paige is very uncomfortable, exhausted and they are both ready to come home. So take a minute to say a prayer for a very strong family, who has endured so much. Thanks!
Now, JT and I made these heart-shaped mini-donuts a few weeks ago. They are just too cute. Their texture is perfectly tender and they taste exactly like the powdered donuts, you know, the messy ones that come in the white bag?
Once again, the donut batter is based on Sally’s recipe from my go-to cookbook, Sally’s Baking Addiction (linked)! Sally’s Cookbook is a #1 best seller on Amazon and her blog is unbelievable! And I just so happened to meet her in Pittsburgh a few months ago, at the Williams-Sonoma store, where she did a cooking demonstration. I couldn’t speak (star-struck), but I was there. Front row.
This mini-donut pan (linked)is super handy. My sweetie bought me two of them and Joss just loves using them for any muffins or baked donuts.
Note: this is too much batter, the donuts had no holes. This batter tends to be super sticky, so spray with Baker’s Joy. I just sprayed with EVOO spray and they were hard to get out!
Golden brown gorgeousness!!!
A little dab of raspberry jelly and a little milk mixed in with a bunch of powdered sugar=pink glaze (perfect for the holiday!) Don’t forget the sprinkles!
Tender and absolutely delish, these Raspberry-Glazed-Heart-Shaped-Mini-Donuts are the perfect way to show someone how very much you love them!!!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup buttermilk - *you can make your own by adding a splash of vinegar to milk
- 1 egg - *room temperature
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Raspberry Glaze
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- 1- 2 cups powdered sugar - Start with 1 cup, then add to thicken as desired
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp raspberry jelly - heaping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray donut pans with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk the buttermilk, milk and egg together, add the cooled melted butter and vanilla, whisk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Scoop the batter into a piping bag or ziplock and snip the corner to pipe the pans about half full. Do not overfill.
- Bake for about 9 - 11 minutes.
- To make the glaze, melt the butter, dump in all ingredients, whisk. Just dip the donuts in the glaze and place them on a cooling rack over a baking sheet to catch the drips. Sprinkle before the glaze sets up. Alternatively, just shake in a bag of powdered sugar.