This peanut butter fluff icing recipe is one of the best. It’s also one of my most requested. It makes grown men cry. You will want it on your wedding cake. My coworkers want containers of this icing for dip. It’s good.
You can use this icing on cupcakes, cakes, as stuffing between cookies, on cakes, as dip for pretzels, to fill chocolate whoopie pies . . . it’s light and oh-so fluffy. Peanut butter-y!
This is the recipe I used to stuff the peanut butter cookies that I made for the Mountain City Cookie Contest in 2014 and won!
My favorite Peanut Butter Buttercream Frosting. Add heavy whipping cream at the end at beat until it's light and fluffy. Oh. So. Good.
- Beat the butter and peanut butter together til smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar and continue beating until the icing is very thick.
- Drizzle in the vanilla, continue beating.
- Start adding the heavy whipping cream and turn the mixer up to medium (6 on a Kitchenaid).
- Pause to scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Continue beating until the icing has no lumps and is fluffy and smooth.
- If using the icing to fill cookies, use less cream to make the icing more stiff.