Jalapeño, corn and black beans are an awesome threesome. I partner them, in this recipe, with homemade salsa, for the sauce, and my Grilled White Pizza Crust.
I like it too much and eat too much and get aggravated when somebody eats the leftovers (just kidding . . . maybe). If I make a big grilled pepperoni pizza, I have to make one of these to go with. It’s so sososo Southwesterly good.
Don't be afraid to step out of the pizza circle. Homemade dough can be stretched any shape. Don't feel that the pizza has to be cut into wedges, either. Serve it like breadsticks or squares, whatever!!!
Bring the Southwest to your "neck of the woods!"
- Prep Time : 5 minutes
- Cook Time : 2 1/2 minutes
- Yield : for a family
- salsa - about a 1/2 cup for sauce
- shredded cheese - 3/4 cup mixed, mozz, parm, jack
- black beans - 1/4 cup
- jalapeno - 1/4 cup
- corn - 1/4 cup
- Grilled White Pizza Crust(s) - use one of three from my recipe or your own
- sliced black olives - optional
- diced cilantro - for garnish optional
- Ranch dressing - for garnish optional
Make the Grilled White Pizza Crust recipe, grill, and use spread salsa on top of the crust as the sauce. Top with shredded cheese, black beans, jalapeños and corn. Place the topped pizza crust under the broiler (550 degrees F) for 2 1/2 minutes. To dress it up, sprinkle with chopped cilantro and drizzle with ranch.