Simple, frozen and absolutely delicious, this Frosty Peanut Butter Pie recipe is killer. I’ve been making it for YEARS and not one complaint yet. Sid says his only issue is that the pieces I cut are too small. Hehe! This pie can be made days in advance and can be dressed up with mix-ins or toppings like my Captain’s Caramel Sauce, toffee crumbles (pictured) or chopped Reese’s cups. Stir them in or sprinkle them on top – when making the pie or when serving. Drizzle with Hershey’s syrup (pictured), homemade chocolate sauce, whipped topping or whipped cream or switch out the graham cracker crust for crushed Oreos. This pie can be simple or spectacular.
Pull this pie when dinner is almost finished, and it’ll be a breeze to cut.
I dream of this pie, then I sleep walk out to the kitchen and have a nibble. In the middle of the night. It’s that good.
Use any candy or chopped cookie, in the mix or sprinkled on top. Substitute crushed Oreos with 2 Tbs. melted butter, frozen, for the crust or use store-bought pie shells like I did. This recipe makes two regular pies or one extra-thick pie in the shell that says, "Two Extra Servings!"
- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Yield : 1 large or 2 smaller pies
- Allergens : peanut butter
- cream cheese - 1 - 8 oz block, softened
- confectioners' sugar - 1 1/2 cups
- peanut butter - 1 cup
- milk - 1 cup
- whipped topping - 1 - 8 oz container, thawed
- pie shells - 2 regular (graham cracker or Oreo) or one extra large pie shell
- mix-ins - optional - shaved chocolate, Reese's cups, toffee bits, chopped peanuts, crumbled Nutter Butters or Oreos
- drizzles - optional - hot fudge, Hershey's syrup, caramel
In the bowl of a mixer, beat cream cheese til smooth, add the confectioners' sugar and continue to beat til smooth. Add the peanut butter, milk and continue mixing. Finally stir in the whole container of whipped topping. Add the mix-ins and freeze for at least two hours before serving.
Can be made in advance, just pull from freezer about 5 - 10 minutes before serving to soften. Serve drizzled and/or topped with mix-ins, whipped topping and a cherry. Very good with coffee!