Hi!!! Life is so sweet.
We just returned from Bethpage Camp-Resort and I took these cookies along with me to share. They bake up in a flash and stay soft and the nuttiness of the brown butter is a perfect partner for the toastiness of the pecans. A little extra salt also helps to hi-lite and bring the flavors together! Although I thought the flavors were more for adult tastes, the girls who were camping with our group loved them too!
Sid and I just celebrated our first anniversary yesterday!!! We spent the day bringing the camper home from Bethpage Camp-Resort – around the DC Beltway because traffic was so bad on 95. Isn’t 95 always backed up for like 100 miles??? WAAAAAA!!!!
Trying to be optimistic here . . . Yes! I know I’m going back to work in a couple weeks. But it will be nice to get a paycheck.
Yes! I know that fall is going to be super busy, but our Aunt Boop! My sister, Laurie, is going to have a BABY!!! And I can’t wait to see her (they are NOT finding out B/G but Ima thinking GIRL, here, people!) I am thrilled about planning her baby shower. Let’s order the invitations right. now. BTW, follow me on Pinterest (Fourmile Ridge). I have about 10 million ideas going on over there.
Yes! That first day of school is going to be killer, but the night after the first day of school, I’m flying to Minneapolis, Minnesota to meet one of my favorite bloggers, Lindsay Ostrom from Pinch of Yum! And she is going to teach me how to use this camera!!! And hopefully teach me a little about styling because I am truly the worse at it. She just posted the pics of studio updates and I am feeling so blessed to have this A-MAZING opportunity!!! Check out the Casual Country Bar Cart – I need that for my baking and blogging STUFF!!!!!!!
Yes! Summer is flying by, but who could ever be sad when right outside the door . . . right off the deck, all this is going on!
And this! And the scent! Better than any high dollar candle.
So much PINK! 🌸
And even this: ahahahahahah!!!!
That little green bug . . . on his face . . . doesn’t even stand a chance. This toad, though, he is super smart, hanging out under the light on the front of the deck. Primo Hunting Grounds . . . if you’re a toad!!!
And the balloon flowers!!! They are still going crazy!
So, with all of this going on, we’re just going to imagine summer is eternal and not even think about what lies ahead! Lalalalal, I’m an ostrich and it’s my head and I’ll put it in the sand if I want to.
And I think I’ll have just one last cookie.
If you make these, please post your pics and #fourmileridge so I’ll see them!!! Thank you!!!!! 🙂
The ultimate combination of toasty and nutty, these Brown Butter Toasted Pecan Cookies are exceptionally flavorful and the texture nothing less than perfect!!!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Chop and bake the pecans for about 5 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
- While the pecans are toasting, melt and begin to brown the butter in a large saucepan. It will bubble and foam. Watch closely towards the end, when the brown bits form and it smells nutty, remove from heat - it can burn quickly.
- Pour the brown butter into the bowl of a mixer and add the dark brown sugar - beat until the butter is not longer hot.
- In a separate, medium sized bowl, mix the dry ingredients: bread flour, cornstarch, baking soda and powder, salt.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, to the mixer bowl and beat until one egg is incorporated before adding the other.
- Add the vanilla and mix.
- Add the dry ingredients a little at a time, until completely mixed.
- The dough will look greasy, fold in the pecans until evenly dispersed.
- Bake on silicon baking sheets or parchment for 10 minutes - I put 6 cookies on a half sheet tray.
- Cool completely on a wire rack, if you can wait that long. I couldn't..