I’m sorry if you’re family won’t eat their veggies.
They don’t know what they’re missing! Give a Brussels sprout a chance! We love them! And in this barren wasteland of healthy post Christmas eating . . . it feels great to consume some leafy greens!!! My body is saying THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!
These Brussels sprouts are steamed then sautéed in EVOO and pure local maple syrup in your favorite cast iron skillet, then drizzled with balsamic. Add a little salt, pepper, a handful of craisins and shaved parmesan, and you’ve got yourself a bright green leafy veggie even a kid will love.
With hint of sweetness and a touch of tangy vinegar; these are Brussels sprouts even a kid will love.
- Prep Time : 5 minutes
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Trim (cut off the bottoms and remove any ugly outer leaves) of the Brussels sprouts.
- Once the water comes to a boil, place the sprouts in a steamer pot or basket and steam for 5 minutes. Set the timer.
- Preheat a cast iron skillet with EVOO and pour the steamed sprouts out onto the cast iron, sautéing for about 2 - 3 minutes.
- Pour the maple syrup over the sautéed sprouts, then add the craisins, balsamic and salt and pepper.
- Pour the sprouts out onto a platter and garnish with shredded or shaved parm.